If you’re on the fence about hiring a staging professional, we’ve put together some statistics to help you make an informed decision.
Here are some statistics to take into consideration:
- Buyers spend an average of 6 minutes at a home, but form an opinion in the first 15 seconds
- A Coldwell Banker Real Estate Corp. survey found that STAGED homes spent half the time of un‐staged homes on the market, and sold for more than 6% above asking price!
- The US Housing and Urban Development reports that a STAGED house sells for, on average, 17% higher than an un‐staged house.
- Staging ROI average is 586% (bankrate.com)
- Buyers will stay in a vacant home an average of 5 minutes but will linger in a furnished home an average of 40 minutes.
- Studies show that the longer a buyer remains in the home, the more likely they are to make an offer.
According to the National Association of Realtors 2015 Survey:
- Over 81% of buyers find it “easier to visualize the property as their future home” when it is staged
- A staged home sells 67% faster than a vacant home and on average for 6% more than asking price.
- The longer a home stays on the market, the further below list price it drops.
- Almost a third (28%) of buyers are more willing to “overlook property faults” when the home is staged.
- 71% of seller’s agents said that STAGING increases the dollar value.
- 96% of buyers agents said that staging affects the way buyers view a property.
- Over 70% of STAGED homes sell at or above list price.
Study Conducted by Trulia (2012):
- Within 78 days, the average seller has discounted their home 8% in price reductions, while hiring a home stager typically costs 1.5% or less.
- $200,00 home 8% = $16,000 in reductions
- 1.5% = $3000 or less for staging
- $13,000 saved!
- Add to that the added months of carrying costs.
- To stage a vacant home usually costs less than 1 mortgage payment, but on average will save more than 3 payments.
If you’re ready to have Savvy Staging AZ stage your home to sell, please fill out the form on this page.